What is psychotherapy?
Are you looking for a therapist because you want some colour to return to your life? Or because you feel discouraged and don’t see a way forward?
Every person is unique and has their own strengths and weaknesses. As experienced therapists, we want to offer you the correct support in working towards your strengths and leaving difficulties behind.
We think it is important to assess what is really needed for a certain child, youngster, couple or family, and we do not want to be limited by certain diagnoses or protocols. It is your journey and we are there to respectfully support you.
What is it you need help with?
There are many reasons why people seek help. Sometimes there is a need for advice with short-term issues, but some things cannot be resolved easily.
The following are problems we particularly focus on in our practice:
- Stress and anxiety in various degrees of severity
- Relationship issues
- Panic and anxiety disorders, with an element of social anxiety
- Personal problems, such as low mood, lack of initiative, lack of energy, lack of ambitions and motivation
- Depression in various degrees of severity
- Post-traumatic stress, for example after sexual assault, rape, a serious accident, or the loss of a loved one
- Family issues, we offer therapy to different family members at the same time
You can also contact us when:
- You have questions about insecurity
- You experience bullying or low mood
- You need some support or just a listening ear
How we work
First of all there is a free telephone introduction of 20 minutes.
After this there will be an intake session of about 90 minutes. During this session we will explore the issues and your expectations. If you seek help for your child, we can decide if it is helpful to do the intake together with you and the child.
Once a basis of trust is established, therapy will start. We make a treatment plan, which can begin right away. Initially, there will be five sessions, after which there will be an evaluation and we will decide if more sessions would be helpful.
Fees and services
Because every person is unique, every therapy process is likewise unique. That means that fees will also be different for every person. The total cost will depend on the number of sessions.
- Introduction (by telephone) free
- Intake session 90 minutes
- Follow-up sessions 60 minutes